Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Note to Self: No Java After 3pm

Sleep did not come easy last night, I think it was on vacation. I had 2 cups of java, 1 small at 3 pm, 1 medium BK special at 5:30. Needless to say I was amped up and ready to play the final game of the season in semi freezing conditions yet again. I don’t think the chicken sandwich had anything to do with my extra energy either. But after playing 7 strong innings, a triple and a single later, a few lewd comments and a celebratory beer we mosied ourselves to Chili’s where ‘Bob-ee’ our waiter was probably hoping we’d leave early. He reminded me of Frodo, yes, I called him a Hobbit, but not to his face. I’m sure he was in awe that so many women were calling his name for most of the night. Many a beverage was served, consumed and toasted upon bottomless chips and queso dip, while chatting about everything and watching me stab the chicken finger that looked like a penis with my fork, there was nothing delicate about that.

It was finally nice to be home and in bed, nice and warm, comfy and yet wired. Last time I looked at the clock it was 1:20 am, I refused to look again while playing the fun game with myself called “if I keep my eyes closed, it will be just like sleeping”. I rolled over, grabbed one of my extra pillows and held on, not like I planned on levitating during one of my dream sequences that I so seldom have, but a comforting notion that tomorrow is another day (which in theory is actually today) and I’ll be able to drift off into ‘la la land’ with my favorite friend “Simply Sleep”.

No comments: