Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Holidaze - Part II

Someone asked me what I was doing for Christmas day and my response was, “I am sleeping in, I don’t have anywhere to be right now.” For once this Christmas I’m doing what I want to do, for ME and not for everyone else. I’ve spent the last decade traveling, getting up like I had to be at work on Christmas for EVERYONE ELSE. It wasn’t for nothing, but it wasn’t my idea of how I really wanted to spend Christmas Morning and Christmas Day. This year it’s a relief to know that I can do what I want on Christmas, even if I just do a drive by because its my choice. I don’t know why I ever bent the rules before and never said, ‘No, I’m not coming to your house for 7 am this year.” Well, actually I do know why but I’m not rehashing the past. Instead, if plans happen then so be it, but right now I don’t plan on getting out of bed to be ANYWHERE for 7 am unless its to turn the coffee on and have breakfast in bed.

My ultimate Christmas Morning: sleeping in, breakfast in bed, then if I have plans, traveling around noontime.

Now that I think about it and had a night to sleep on it, if I am asked what I am doing for Christmas morning again….my response would be totally different.

No comments: