Monday, November 19, 2007

First Snow is the Greatest

Who would have thought that after being rerouted thru local roads that I would have ended up 20 mins south of where I had to be? 2 times sliding on snow and ice, 2 near-miss-trees later I found a main road that I actually knew and even though I started heading south on it, I turned around and began my way north to work, after being on the road an hour and a half, finally reached my destination. I hate this white stuff. You think that the police who re-route you would send you back home, because that’s where I really would have rather been aside from another place I could think of. I will be buying a map and investigating other ways to get to work in the snow, and that includes pricing other vacancies, because although I passed some really nice restaurants along the way, the fact that I didn’t know where I was, what street I was on, no landmarks or delis, or gas stations to stop at, scared me in a “Children of the Corn” kind of way.

No comments: