Sunday, February 17, 2008

TV Stars, Rock Stars, and Whiskey Shots – Oh My

Another adventure in the lovely state of NJ led us to the Shannon Rose, and I must say it was a decent establishment, absolutely better than South Park, but with wristbands. We saw Doogie Houser waiting on tables, I was told I look like Christian Bale’s wife in 3:10 to Yuma and what’s funny about that is Ben Foster (the guy who played Charlie in the movie) showed up later, with more hair on his head. Saw 2 older guys in their 40’s looking, ogling at some little babe no more than 22 years old because her ‘girls’ were looking for attention while they were texting somebody constantly - you’re at a bar, you either have a beer and fun, or you leave. Don’t spend the night texting..you are missing all the action! A shot and a beer later my girlfriend hit it off with Kid Rock, and the alcohol had nothing to do with it, they did look very cute and comfy together instantly. So while I sat and waited for the ‘help me’ sign, which left me bored, I committed to memory some tidbits from last night, aside from trying to figure out how I can sneak out and return for her later. The band was great, too bad we couldn’t maneuver closer but then again, we wouldn’t have been able to hear anything and she wouldn’t have left with digits. (I never knew an irish pub would play Bon Jovi and Springsteen!) We met Fabio, who knew Kid Rock and the guy who does his own eyebrows, but minus the long blonde hair and the butter commercial. My cousin, who showed up dressed like he was at a yacht club, was hard to read, I couldn’t tell if he was bored or if he was having a good time ogling the young girls. Yes, young…aside from a few older guys, we were the oldest people there. But I can say guys out east do talk to us, so my friend is right, the older guys out west can sit at the bar, drink their cheap beers and text message whoever they want while staring at us, you aren’t going to get up to talk to us anyway.

No comments: