Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The WOW Factor

Is there such a thing as the “grand gesture”? The huge DOA (display of affection) that is romantic, memorable and knocks your socks off? Or does it come down to the little things in life? Does any of it really matter? To me it is the little things, even if it’s a stupid dandelion plucked from the ground that someone gives you as a small token, though last time I did that, I ended up sneezing horribly and that was over 20 years ago and I was stuck in a car (long short story). What I’m getting at is it’s the details, the minor details, the paying attention to detail that matters to me. If you remember it all and use it to your advantage, it will be an enjoyable ride, because I remember it all, or most of it and I’ll use it any way I can. It is the “gesture” that matters, whether small or large, and the “thought” that went into it. It doesn’t have to be a full bouquet of my favorite flower, rather one stem, or the entire chocolate cake, just give me a piece of chocolate. It is the simplest things that “WOW” me and those will be thoroughly appreciated.

No comments: