Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Playing with the Queen of Hearts

Back in May I compared “love” to a game of cards. Playing your cards right, betting high, no expectations, going all in, striking it big and folding early. But are we all just a card out of 52? Am I the Queen of Hearts? And you the Jack of Spades? Does love and relationships come down to just a coin toss? No, not really. It’s not a game, we’re too old for that now. Let’s see if I have this right – you put yourself out there, you meet new people, maybe you “let them in” to see your good and bad sides, physical and emotional scars, you share interests, likes and dislikes, common bonds, you give them a chance to see where it goes. Wait, I forgot the most important part – the SPARK! The SPARK has to be there before I “let them in”. In my world it is all about the SPARK. You all know what I’m talking about – you might have a different term for it, but it’s the same thing. I admit, I’m not the easiest person to get to know, but I’ll give you a “piece of me” a little at a time if we share the same breeze. I’m not the Queen of Hearts, we are all not cards in a deck and our life is not to be played with. However, if you think I’m bluffing, then corner me, because I might not be and I could fold easily.

I never told you if I struck it big or not, and I’m not about to because I still have some chips left and I’m still holding a great set of cards.

(One) of the most sexiest things about a man – his honesty

No comments: