Thursday, June 19, 2008

A View from my Window

A View From My Window Seat on the way to JAX:
- I come prepared with the free headphones I used from my Vegas trip, only to find out that this plane doesn’t have music!
- Flight attendant (male) with Aussie accent safely guides us on plane for the ‘fit and fly’ portion of the ride. “Watch your step up”
- I find that talking to my rowmate makes the 2 dings come much faster.
- Wine is served at 9 am! Yippee
- From the air, houses are so neatly organized
- Baby screaming a few rows in front of me sounds like zoo monkey. (It’s a delayed waaaaa…waaaa)
- I still don’t have any music!
- Right now our plane is #21 to take off….which in airport time is 23 minutes, thanks to the Pilot.
- Finally, beverage cart arrives! But not in my aisle dammit!
- Would you like a muffin? “Yes, but where’s my beverage!!”
- What would they say if I asked for 2 muffins? Hmmm
- 2004 Chateau Du Vieux Parc Cobiere’s – ah vino. Cheers at 9:46 am!
- I wonder if my sis is drinking right now..hmmm
- I have no idea where we are just that its green and possibly hillbilly area. They should have a ½ hr update – you are here!
- Took me 9 minutes to empty the bottle, love the shots of wine philosophy.
- You ever notice how dirty the windows are?
- I’m trying to hold out on my last sips from my glass so my buzz can last a bit longer.
- What’s with the guys wearing old fashioned headphones? I guess sitting in first class gives you music privileges – who do I have to smooze with?
- HI! I’m waving..can you see me? I’m assuming I’m right over the spot where you are vacationing. You realize if the plane had no bottom all you’d see was feet?
- 10:10 am Where the hell am I?
- I just noticed the “no people” sign on the engine thing, there’s even an ‘access hole’.
- I crack myself up! I hope no one notices me laughing at myself.
- “Caution..do not open fan cowl until leading edge slats are retracted and deactivated. See instructions inside door.” Inside what door?
- I just saw something that looked like 8 pieces of toast, on the ground of course, neatly lined up like tic tac toe.
- I should be sober enough to drive, ha ha..its only 10:15 am. (by the time my sis gets to the airport I mean)
- Where’s the music goddammit! I got a cool playlist on my Vegas trip – this blows!
- BTW, I’m writing this as I’m thinking it..if you care.
- Ah I finally took my last sip and had some muffin. Its free after all. I think a 2nd wine would cause me to stumble off the plane.
- My idea of finding a spot to stare at is not working!!!! The clouds keep moving. You wonder why I drink!
- Lavatory sign reads “avatory servicio”
- I think I’m going to call you when I land. LOL, hahaha.
- Amazing how much I’ve written since we took off. If I had a laptop I’d be sooo annoying.
- I hope you appreciate the time and effort I put into writing this. Can’t wait for the return trip! (I thoroughly enjoy the window seat but achieving ‘mile high’ status doesn’t excite me right now.)
- Are we there yet?
- Note to self: after claim baggie and get car, get camera out of baggie to embarrass sister at airport.
- I don’t think I wanna live down south, from the air..there is nothing here.
- After a while, the plane smells like farts.
- “Can we eat first?” – oh sorry, I wandered to yesterday – nevermind.
- 10:40 am Just saw a cloud that looked like an erect penis
- Where are we?
- 10:55 am I have to pee
- We just flew over complete swamp land.

No comments: