Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's All About the Sangria

In taking the lead from someone who does this on a daily basis, I’m going to tell you about my Saturday the 13th. I woke up, had waffles and watched an episode of Burn Notice that I missed back in August, I’m still behind but am in no rush to watch the next one..its not going anywhere on my DVR. My coffee cup got topped off three times but only once was sugar added, and it got me thru a shower and a makeup session before I headed out the door to begin my trek for the day.

I headed to Edison to visit my girlfriend who I haven’t seen in a few years, yes I know, but we all know how schedules & life get. After much needed girl talk at Houlihan’s we headed to Menlo Mall for window shopping, people watching and maybe some shopping. The question of the afternoon was “why would they only have 2 cashiers during a sale?” I guess the girl in the turquoise tights and grey dress with black pumps brought in the massive amount of shoppers because the clothes and I were not getting along. After the mall, we said our goodbyes and her dog decided to say goodbye in his own special way, by slobbering on my arm. I wasn’t anticipating wrestling with a 50 lb dog, especially since I was covering my head like a bear was attacking me.

Off I go back up north to meet the girls and head on into NYC. After our karaoke car sessions with Hang on Sloopy and You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling we found parking, stopped at a corner bar called Paddy’s or Pudgy’s or something and continued on our fun evening. Even after the short bald man who looked like an oompah loompah price gauged the sangria and I sent my first bought of texts saying I saw Stallone we negotiated our way thru the crowd for more sangria. If we hadn’t stopped at the first place we would have met Diego earlier, who was a phony paisan because he didn’t speaka Italian at all, but tried to fake-a the accent. The only real paisan there besides myself was the NYC cop Marcello who oh so nicely waved to us and said hello. After Daphne got her bear with the fangs and Donna negotiated herself a huge Mets bear off one of the venders while the rest of us took our free shots because we knew the buckets were rigged, we found ourselves reverting back to House of Pain and jumping up and down in the crowd to the music. I’m glad the talk of getting tattoos of softballs got swept away by actual palm readings instead.

As far as I remember we all had a great night and thank goodness my head isn’t pounding this morning from the sounds of motorcycles from the last bar we stopped at back in Jersey mixed with the pitchers of sangria we polished off back in Little Italy. It’s also nice to know there is only 1 picture floating out there as proof that any of this ever happened and the main reason for why I’m writing this is still yet to be had. I know it had to do with some people watching and me yelling at people for ‘window shopping’ instead of walking faster in a massive crowd of people.

And that’s it..I got in, kicked off my shoes and hit the pillow after chugging water and aspirin and crossing one more item off my ‘bucket list’.

No comments: