Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Perfect Timing - Not so Perfect

Is there ever such thing as timing? I might renig what I’ve said before about timing being everything. I do believe there are reasons why things happen, but time has nothing to do with it. There is no such thing as “perfect timing”. You can’t just wait for it to be “perfect” you have to take action and make it “perfect”. If you sit around waiting, your time may never happen, it might just pass you by and not knock on your door. I am a firm believer in destiny and how it shapes your fate, meaning the paths you choose to take form the rest of your life, your relationships. I can play six degrees with most of my friends…for example, if my parents didn’t get divorced, my dad didn’t move up here for work, and I didn’t choose to move with him, I wouldn’t have met so many wonderful people in my life. And that was not “timed”. The “timing” in life - its not set, it doesn’t exist. It will never be the right time to do something, say something, buy something. I might never win the lottery because it’s not the right time, but I refuse to let something so small as the hands on a watch predict what I’m going to do, say, and buy tomorrow because for all this time, I really thought it wasn’t right. I had been waiting for the perfect moment in the conversation, when all along I had to make it perfect.

No comments: