Friday, June 10, 2011

Passwords Make Me Angry

We all get this, the ‘your password will expire in 30 days, would you like to change it now?’ message and for the next few minutes you contemplate changing it at that very moment. But you get sidetracked and move on to something else. The next morning you receive the same message and again you opt not to change it. Why? Because you have to remember another set of numbers and letters unless you keep a handy password organizer sheet handy. Today I needed to reset a password, actually change it for the greater good because it was an old letter/numeric combo that I’ve had for a long time. It actually put a sour taste in my mouth from bad memories, I had to change it to keep my sanity. I changed it to something more personal that has something to do with ME! Not anyone else or my old home address, phone number, license plate, ex’s birthday. I learned that everytime I typed this password into that little box it angered me even more. It was my goal to change it to something other than a sentimental thing that would anger me to type it in and cause distress every time. I never thought a password would cause such emotional distress…who can I sue for that?

No comments: