Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Just Another Not So Typical Happy Hour

In anticipation to close out 2008 on a good note as I approach the end of December, I will give kudos to the eclectic group of Morris County men who approached me at the bar and it wasn’t even a full moon. To the one who wouldn’t buy the “I’m an accountant working at the hospital” line and walked away after I didn’t respond to his ‘we should go out sometime’ phrase. To the group of husky men in hoodies who bought me a Corona and unknowingly bought another one for someone else, because I don’t belly up to the bar to order 2 beers for myself. I liked the move the bald one made, who asked me if I wanted another beer after the two women he was talking to went to the bathroom. They were out in full force last night, going against the rules of men shying away from women during a holiday because they don’t want to get trapped in the gift buying, time spending spirit. And the drunk gal at the jukebox whose friend was looking out for her, I think her name was Andrea, I know she got home safe last night because her husband came to get her. Merry Christmas to all my friends and foes, drink and be merry, because we have to do this all again, next year!

No comments: