Friday, March 2, 2012

Cookie Monster



I recently had a conversation with someone about going to the gym, running, working out and eating right.  How often do I workout, how many miles do I run a week, how I eat healthy at work instead of hitting the vending machine and diving into the free food leftover from a meeting, you know the drill.  This person told me how hard it is now that they are older to watch what they eat, have the discipline to go to the gym and eat healthy, etc. and they are trying to maintain a schedule to lose 15 lbs.  I thought that was just an excuse, first I’m older and somehow have adjusted without limiting myself to having chocolate and snacks when I want (but at a minimum – more like a treat).  I say NO to the leftovers at work because I pack healthy snacks (almonds, protein bars, fruit). Real easy….right? So yesterday I was approached by this person with leftovers.  You can imagine what is going through my mind after hearing about the plight to eat healthy and go to the gym and so on and here this person is offering me a cookie, not bite size, it was larger than a baseball probably close to 200 calories not to mention the amount of sugar that would have sent me off to naptime at about 3 pm.  I politely said, “No thank you, I have fruit for a snack”.  I won’t lie and tell you that yes you can go to the gym and work out 5-6 days a week, eat junk food and you’ll get that hot body.  Who are you kidding? Don’t offer me a cookie unless you are David Beckham, because then we can talk about how to burn off those calories later!

No comments: